Wedding Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need to get married at The Falls Wedding Chapel?

All you need is a Marriage License Issued in New York State at least 24 hours before the Ceremony.

How do I get a NYS Marriage License?

To obtain the NYS Marriage License Application Worksheet:

  1. Go to
  2. Click on "City Clerk --> Marriage License Form." Complete the application.
  3. Visit any City or Town Clerks office in New York State.
  4. You will need $40 for the fee.
  5. Both parties must appear together before the Clerk, with each presenting at least one form of photo identification (driver's license or passport), plus birth certificates.
  6. If you have been divorced, you must show the clerk a certified copy of your divorce decree issued by the Court.
  7. There is NO blood test or medical exam required.
  8. The clerk will hand you the Marriage License, which can be used for up to 60 days after a 24-hour waiting period.
  9. You must give the Marriage License to the minister before the ceremony.

Do you perform same-sex weddings?

Since July 2011, The Falls Wedding Chapel has performed hundreds of wedding ceremonies for the LGBTQ community. We are honored to help you celebrate your love in the splendor of Niagara Falls!

How long will our ceremony last?

Your ceremony will last approximately 10-15 minutes. However, we reserve one hour's time to complete your wedding ceremony and photos.

May we say our own personal vows?

Our ministers strive to make your ceremony personal and heartfelt. We welcome any personal vows you wish to say at your ceremony.

Is it proper to tip the minister or photographer?

Though it is not necessary to tip the minister or photographer if you feel you have received wonderful service and wish to express your gratitude, feel free to do so.

What happens if it rains?

A backup indoor location for your wedding ceremony is always planned. In the event of rain our wedding chapel (seating 30) can be used for your wedding, at no additional charge. If there are more than 30 guests, another indoor location (church or reception site) must be reserved.

Still have questions? Call us at (716) 285-5570